Saturday, September 22, 2007

We've caught two mice so far in the Havahart mouse trap we got from maintenance. It might have been more, but yesterday afternoon I locked my keys (and the mousetrap) inside Ol' Hot Wheels -- the FIRST time I've done this. Thankfully, Silver's coming up today with a spare set (and I'm borrowing a very generous friend's car to get him).

I've also been considering giving up eggs -- they've seemed kind of icky to me for over a year, but I've still been using egg whites in cooking. I'm at least going to try my hand at some vegan cookies (for said friend).


I had a dream a couple of nights ago that my professor just published a book -- which she has (or at least it's been accepted for publication) -- but in the dream, instead of a book on Sylvia Plath and Ted Hughes, it was a knitting book, and she'd published it under the name Kate Corner. It was kind of a weird and confusing dream...

2 comments:

sf said...

Maybe, KATE CORNER is meant to be you name when you write books. If you don't want it, I'll take it, it's swell.
I hope the knitting book you dreamed was one even a knit gene-less person could decipher.
it seems to skip generations, Silver can.
s

sf said...

YOUR name. So much for proofreading.
I spend so much time at it apparently the subconscious rebels.
And typing skills suck.
s