Monday, March 24, 2008

I know that I can finish my plan. It's been getting closer and closer to the wire, but I know I can do it.

The loss of my hard drive (and potentially everything on it) and being sick in New York is proving a repeatedly frustrating block. I have most of the important stuff, but I'm missing everything I did last Monday (the only day I was able to get plan work done in NY); and that really helpful, detailed write-up of what my "thesis" is for the McCarthy paper.

I have a month, maybe -- if I push my luck to the absolute brink (considering it was supposed to be done the first week of April) -- to finish this thing in time for graduation. What I still have to do:

Finish the last 7 pages of my Eliot paper
Structure and write my 35 page McCarthy paper out of the year's worth of notes and the 1 1/2 page beginning I've got
Write 20 pages of creative non-fiction SOMETHING.

And then I can mail it out, and be done with anything like this for a very long time.

No comments: