Wednesday, May 14, 2008

The beaver pond

This past Friday, the day before my oral exams, Silver and I went for a walk in the woods, down to the beaver pond near the college. I got some nice pictures, although there were so many things I missed or just couldn't have captured -- the Blue Jays flitting from tree to tree over the path just a few dozen yards ahead of us, the salamanders we saw wriggling on the pond floor.

The world is really quite beautiful.

Silver showed me the big swale of granite at the bottom of the creekbed -- it looks like the bones of the earth.
Silver pointing out some water-skimmers:

I liked this tree because you can actually see through gaps in the trunk:
Little tongues of flame, or little leaf dancers, or just beautiful:
The beaver pond itself:
The path back:

1 comment:

sf said...

I like these photographs!
xxo