My changes in parentheses -- original serves 8, mine serves about 2
Salad Ingredients:
5 (1 2/3) medium sweet potatoes, cooked, peeled, and diced
3 to 4 (1) green onions, thinly sliced
1 (1/2) stalk celery, diced
1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced (omitted)
2 tbsp. minced cilantro or parsley (omitted)
1/2 c. toasted (raw) pumpkin seeds or chopped walnuts
(some sesame seeds -- but they didn't add anything to it)
Peanut Butter dressing:
2 tbsp. (crunchy, but I don't think it makes a difference) peanut butter
2 tsp. brown rice (apple cider) vinegar
1/4 c. orange or pineapple (or tangerine!) juice
1 tsp. soy sauce
1 tsp. toasted (untoasted) sesame oil
1/2 tsp. powdered (fresh, chopped as finely as possible) ginger
Place salad ingredients in bowl. Put dressing ingredients in blender and puree until smooth. Pour over salad and enjoy.
Also, if you'll notice, I didn't reduce the recipe for the peanut butter dressing AT ALL. And we ate it all. If I were to make the full recipe, I'd probably at least double the dressing since I love it SO MUCH. The peanut butter makes it creamy, not heavy, and I really taste the ginger; I actually (surprisingly) didn't get any big chunks of ginger in mine. It might also help to let the dressing sit for a while so the flavors can mix -- I let mine sit for about half an hour in the fridge. Also, when I first put all the ingredients together it looked like the peanut butter was separating in a really icky way, but once I blended it up it became nice and smooth -- and stayed that way!







2 comments:
this sounds sooooo good!
It is so good -- and pretty easy and cheap (depending on what ingredients you have on hand and what you can substitute, of course).
Post a Comment