I made this the other day for a potluck, without having tried it, because it looked good. And simple, and fast, and it used all things that I usually have on hand.
It was much better than I expected -- rich enough to deal with a chocolate craving in one small serving (although I admit, I did go back for another helping).
I think a friend summed it up when he said, "It feels like I've been hit by a chocolate truck."
Enjoy.
Chocolate Pudding Cake
First:
2 c. flour
4 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1 1/4 c. sugar
4 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
1 c. milk (I used 2%)
4 tbsp. melted butter
And then:
1 3/4 c. brown sugar
8 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
2 c. boiling water
Mix the first set of ingredients together and put into a 9"x13" pan (it will look scant -- don't worry). Mix brown sugar and cocoa and sprinkle on top. Pour boiling water on top of cake and put into oven at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. When the cake is baked, the top will be brownie-like and underneath will be a creamy chocolate pudding.
Note: If you want to reheat the cake, put in oven at 300 degrees. If you are reheating the next day, you can microwave portions or put it in the oven, but add a little more hot water on top so pudding stays creamy.







No comments:
Post a Comment