Wednesday, April 13, 2011

King Julius

In this move, I finally sat down and went through (most) of my old notebooks, and I came across one from around 1995, when I was about eight. Silver and I were laughing so hard we were crying over this story I found -- can you tell I was in Hebrew school when I wrote it?

King Julious

Chapter 1

Once there was a king, King Julius. King Julious had a brother, Olympious. Though his brother was a great king, Olympious was only a govener. Even though Julious was a great king, he was very foolish, while his brother, Olympious was very wise, and intelligent. Now even though Julious was foolish, he was also very clever. King Julious had tricked everyone into making him king. Him and his brother, Olympious, had both wanted to be king. There had been an election, that Julious had tricked his brother into not coming to the election. It was very easy for Julious to trick his brother. First of all, Olympious’ mother had been very sick with an illness called “Bubonic plague”. King Julious tricked his brother by running up to him and acting very nervous and saying, “Little brother! Your mother, you must see her at once! She needs you!.” Olympious was very startled to hear this, as you can guess. So Olympious said, “Could you somehow stall the election?” “Yes, ofcourse I will stall the election for you,” answered Julious, quietly chuckling to himself. Then, the next day, while Olympious was visiting his sick mother, Julious pretended to “forget” to tell the towns people that they would have to stall the election because his brother was away. Ten years after that dirty trick, his brother, Julious and himself were both friends again. Or so Olympious thought.

Chapter 2

One day, 2 theifs came into the city of Belgum, where King Julious ruled. The 2 theives were stealing something, but the guards caught the 2 theives, and brought them to the dungeon. The 2 theives both asked that they be brought to see the king. “What for?” the huge guard thundered. “Because we came into Belgum to offer something to the king,” said the 2 theives. So the guard took Orian and Caliver, the 2 theives to the King’s throne room. “Your highness,” said the thieves, “We have journeyed from afar to offer you a bargain.” “What kind of bargain?” asked the king. “We want to give you a magical bird, with diamonds and rubies all over it.” “Well, where is it?” asked the king. “Before we can give it to you, you must pay a price.” “What kind of price?” asked the king. “We are very poor, and need to earn some money, and we need the diamonds and rubies to make it”, said the thieves. Well, this was such a good offer, that Julius decided to tell his brother about this. “Nice offer,” said Olypious, after his brother had finished, “But are you sure it’s worth it?” finished Olympious. “What are you talking about? Of course it’s worth it!” said Julius. “I was just asking, that’s all,” said Olympious, very hurt. Julius didn’t even say he was sorry. So the next day, Julius was thinking that he needed a queen. But who? he thought, as he wrinkled his brow. So King Julius decided to have contest, to see who would be the best queen. Ladies from all over the world came. Some from Persia, France, Italy, Spain, Paris, China, Chile, Rusia, Poland, Arabia, even Japan. But finally he chose a beautiful woman from Argentina, with jet black hair and full red lips, named Maria. So Maria was Julius’s queen. So Julius said, “I must introduce you to my brother, Olympious”. he told Maria. “That would be wonderful,” said Maria. So Maria and Julius went to Olympious’ house.

Chapter 3

“Good afternoon, come in”, said Olympious. “Thankyou, brother,” said Julius. “I wanted to show you my wife, Maria”, he said. “Hello, Maria.” said Olympious. “Hello, Olympious.,” said Maria. Then Olympious turned to his brother and said, “I didn’t think you would be talking to me after the last time we fought.” Then Julius replied “I’m still trying to forget that.” So am I, so am I,” said Olympious. “So, did you have anything planned?” said Olypious, changing the subject. “Not exactly,” said Julius. “Well, goodbye,” he finished, uncomfortably thinking about their fight, and how much he must have hurt his brother. Just then, a messenger came, and very sadly said, “Are you Julius?” “Yes, I am,” answered the king, frightened of what message that man came to say. “Your mother has just died.” said the messenger.

Chapter 4

Now I’ve done it. My dear, dear mother, Mary Cincha, has died, and me and my brother are still in a fight. He’s the only one I have now, besides Maria. I feel like I’m alone in the world.

And to this day, people still remember Julius’s folly.

Mary

Cincha

1398-1610

1 comment:

sf said...

Me too - laughing/crying...
Thanks for posting!