Thursday, March 27, 2008

Last night Teeth (the neighbor cat) scared me half to death. I was coming home late from the library (about 9pm), and for some reason the driveway light was off -- so that I didn't see Teeth until the motion-light snapped on just as I reached the front door. He was just sitting there, staring at me.

I saw a stray cat (part Russian Blue, like Timmy) on the way home from the co-op, but when I walked up to her she hissed at me. I don't know what had happened but she was severely annoyed about something.

And I finally found my glove! I lost it before Christmas while running like mad to catch the Moover -- it's one of just about one of the warmest pairs of gloves I've ever owned. It's got a pretty design knit into it, too -- the only problem is that now the other one is in Brooklyn. I wasn't really expecting to ever see it again, but I happened to glance at Suzy's sign today (well, the sign-post) and it was just hanging off of it! It's very dirty and dusty, but I'm glad to have it back.

Also, we're going to start getting duck eggs! There's a family in West Brattleboro (Thistledowndew Farm is what they call the place, I think) that has a bunch of runner ducks, and we were finally able to get in touch with them to work out getting some eggs from them. I'll just have to be very careful with my math -- two duck eggs equal about three chicken eggs in recipes.


Runner ducks are pretty funny looking things.

4 comments:

sf said...

two duck eggs = two chicken?
Just wondering. . .

chickadeescout said...

Oops -- that was supposed to be three chicken eggs.

sf said...

Is there a reason you don't accept anonymous comments?
xxo

chickadeescout said...

Nope -- didn't even realize it was that way (changed, now).