Thursday, November 20, 2008

update

I am sick.  Like, carrying around a roll of toiletpaper for tissues sick.  I had dreams all night last night that I was desperately thirsty (slept with my mouth open again).  At first I thought I had a sinus infection, but now I'm reasonably sure it's just a cold.  A rather miserable cold.  

I had forgotten how when your nose is totally stuffed up you do this awkward gasping thing when you eat so that you manage to breathe as well.  Gah. 

I've been staying hydrated, though (Throat Coat, hot chocolate, V8, water) and I took a big nap this morning (which, for pressure-change reasons, lent me the oh-so-fleeting ability to breathe out of both nostrils).  


In other news, Silver and I have officially signed a lease and put a deposit on a new apartment!  It's a studio, but it's rather large with a separate kitchen, wood floors, and a HUGE walk-in closet.  I won't post the address online, of course, but it's convenient to downtown (walk score of 91!) and still reasonably close to Silver's job.  One of my sisters-in-law used to live in that very same building some time ago.  Just about the only down side is that we can't actually move in until January 1st (I was hoping really, really hard for December 1st), but I'm still WAY excited about it.


I think I might go and lay down again...

5 comments:

Masasa said...

Oh! Oh! Oh! Is this the one I had been recommending? If so, that's wonderful. I don't know if it is at all the same, or even if the same management is there, but my experiences there were *wonderful*!

Congrats!

As for being sick, I am sorry. My whole family has had crud for a month now. When you are pregnant, you are more susceptible to being stuffy in the nose too. That's no fun at all.

Bless you. I am miserable.

Brother Peregrine said...

I think it is -- it's so cute. And we were REALLY lucky, because we got the only studio in the building (I don't think we could afford a 1 bdrm there).

I'm not sure if it's the same management -- the current manager says he's been doing it for about 10 years?

chickadeescout said...

Oops, that was me.

Masasa said...

Back when I was there, I rented one of the one-bedrooms for only $325. Ah. Those were the days.

I don't remember for sure, but I think my neighbor might have had the studio. She was a medical transcriptionist. Very sweet gal. Would be funny if you were in the one next door to where I was.

As for the manager, hmm...now that I am thinking about it...I feel like it might have been the owner managing himself, but not sure. He once came to my house at 2am because my toilet was running and I didn't know how to make it stop (no real experience yet...there was a small part that needed replacement, of course), and I couldn't sleep. He was the sweetest. Very attentive. He also had to do a daring maneuver for me once in which he actually climbed through a window in the hall to a window into my apartment because the lock on my door broke. Mind you, it was not a first floor apartment.

Anyway, that was over 10 years ago...maybe '96.

Masasa said...

P.S. Believe it or not, that $325 included rent and all utilities!!