Tuesday, February 3, 2009

knitting

I've decided on at least one knitting project for Ezra -- this cute pixie hat by Hadley Fierlinger, also known as shescrafty (who is also coming out with a book sometime this year that I am very, very eager for):



I'm using white Baby Cashmerino yarn, since I figure white will go with everything (and it's washable!)  I'll let you know how it turns out, but so far I have to say that working with size 3 needles (the smallest I've ever worked with) makes me feel like I suddenly got MUCH better at knitting -- everything's coming out so neat and so small.  I am very excited to attempt to knit some socks in the near future...

4 comments:

sf said...

Socks are gonna be swell!!

Masasa said...

Did you get it done?

Are you going to post pics?

chickadeescout said...

I got it done, but I messed up the gauge somewhere along the way (and only in one direction, so it was the right depth but WAY too wide of an opening in front); I pulled it out and am planning (when I get longer needles -- the ones I was using were way too short) to redo it. But I did knit a different hat that actually came out really well (maybe in part because I checked the gauge CONSTANTLY); I'll post pictures in the next few days.

Dante said...

It's sooo adorable ---