
I was talking to Silver the other day about how having a car makes me suddenly feel like a real grown-up. I think it's different from when we had the truck, too -- that just felt like we were two kids messing around with an old pick up. The strange thing is that now that we have a Real Car (with a working gas gauge, power steering, and all of that fancy stuff), it feels like Ezra will only ever know us as Grown-Ups, not as two kids who get around on their bikes. I know she'd only ever think of us as grown-up either way, since we're her parents, but it's odd to think that this whole slew of changes -- the car, living in Colorado, our still very new apartment -- will just be "the norm" for her (well, those things that she'll be able to remember, anyway).







4 comments:
I feel the same way. I'm selling off the Benz next week and I just got a Subaru Forester that doesn't need constant attention to run. I'm getting a job several thousand miles away or going to grad school so I can get a job several thousand miles away. And, I'm finally developing meaningful relationships with people. I feel...grown up and while on the one hand it's sort of daunting, it's nice to have all the weight of the past 20 some odd years of childhood off my shoulders.
Cheers to the car, though. Keep your oil fresh.
I found that having kids made me feel like doing grown-up things at first. That's mellowed some. Though I do tend to think of everyone more than a few years younger than me as a kid LOL.
By the way, the car is way more shiny than I expected.
Told ya it was shiny!
Post a Comment