Saturday, August 22, 2009

Plum Kuchen

Plum Kuchen for Colin's birthday last week!

I'd never heard of Kuchen until Deb of Smitten Kitchen posted it a while back. Yeast? And cake? And plums on sale at Whole Foods?

Of course, I had to make it.

But, though I wish I could, I can't take credit for the beautifully arranged spirally plum bottom/top -- that was all Silver's doing.

It's a delicious, simple, and (clearly) very pretty cake -- pretty easy, too, if you have the time for it. It says it can be made with any stone fruit, but I'm wondering how, say, strawberries would hold up. They might not look quite as pretty, but I bet they'd be tasty...

Recipe here.

5 comments:

Alex A. said...

Yours is prettier than Deb's!

Masasa said...

Oh, looks gorgeous and DELICIOUS!

sf said...

It tasted SOOOOO good, plus it was pretty as - yup - a picture!

Masasa said...

Heather, can you email me your address? I wanted to send you one of K's adoption announcements.

Snyrt said...

wow. That looks like it deserved to be lacquered and preserved for posterity! Very nice!