Thursday, March 26, 2009

quick update

We have a car! Well, we have the physical car, but we still need to do that little business of registering and insuring it. I don't have any pictures of our car specifically, but it's a 1997 Audi A6 station wagon, and this is more or less what it looks like (thanks, Google images!):


It's actually navy blue, just like in the picture -- but, um, not so shiny. Which I'm fine with. I'll take reliable and good running condition over shiny every day of the week!

It was a little more than the limit we'd set ourselves, but I think that we weighed the decision carefully and I really think it's worth it. It seats seven (!) which means that it will likely -- at least in terms of capacity, and probably in terms of reliability -- last us through the next five to ten years. And, now we have a place (besides the closet) to put the car seat my mom bought us!


Also -- much to my grandparent's impending delight (as soon as I call and tell them) -- Silver and I got legally married one week ago. Apparently, in Colorado the couple in question can solemnize their own marriage, so the whole process took a whopping ten minutes. (Strangely, though, friends or family can't solemnize the couple's marriage... which seems rather arbitrary). All it required was signing a few papers, showing our driver's licenses (as proof of age), and raising our right hands to affirm that all the information we gave them was true. Now I just have to get down to the business of legally changing my name -- something I want to have done before Ezra's born, since it'll probably make the birth certificate a little simpler.

1 comment:

Masasa said...

Good to have an update from ya.